Construction Trades Licenses

Contact Us

515 Kansas Ave
Atchison, KS 66002View Map
  • (913) 367-5560
  • (913) 367-3092
If you are involved in one of the following professions, you must get a professional license from the City in order to lawfully do business in Atchison.
  • Electrician
  • Gasfitter
  • Plumber
Click here for the application form for construction trades license (Acrobat Reader fillable form). To become licensed, complete & submit the application form to the Community Development Office with the required documents as listed below.
Standard examinations for electricians and plumbers in the State of Kansas are administered by the International Code Council (ICC), the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) or Prometric (educational testing services). A minimum score of 75% is required.
All license holders must complete no less than 12 hours biennially or 6 hours annually of approved continuing education. (KSA 12-1509, 12-1525, 12-1526).
All licensed contractors must furnish a certificate of general liability insurance with the minimum amount of $100,000.00 (Code of Ordinances for the City of Atchison, § 5-9.1(b); § 38-22).
The standard annual licensing fees are as follows:
Contractor $150.00 per year
Master $35.00 first year
Master (every year thereafter) $20.00
Journeyman $25.00 first year
Journeyman (every year thereafter) $15.00
Apprentice $10.00 every year
(Ord. No. 6284, § 4)
Questions? Let us help you at (913) 367-5560.

News Highlights

More | Subscribe to this feed

Contact the City

View Map
  • (913) 367-5500
  • (913) 367-3654
  • Staff Directory
  • FIRE
    Non-Emergency: 913-367-4329
    Emergency: 9-1-1
    Non-Emergency: 913-367-4323
    Emergency: 9-1-1