Contact Us

View Map
  • (913) 367-5500
  • (913) 367-3654
  • Staff Directory
  • FIRE
    Non-Emergency: 913-367-4329
    Emergency: 9-1-1
    Non-Emergency: 913-367-4323
    Emergency: 9-1-1


Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-14 of 14
What's the telephone number for district court?
Contact Atchison County District Court at 913-804-6060.
Who do I call to file a nuisance complaint?
If the "nuisance" is an issue with someone not keeping up their property (like high weeds, abandoned house, junk cars, etc.) contact City Code Enforcement at 913-367-5560. If the nuisance is of a criminal nature (like a loud party, a threatening individual, etc.) call the Police non-emergency line at 913-367-4323.
If I'm being chased by the police, Atchison PD can't follow me over the bridge into Missouri, right?
Uh, wrong. While Atchison PD is pulling you over on the Missouri side of the river (and probably charging you with resisting arrest), we'll also be calling in our Missouri counterparts to assist. Perfectly legit, and a really poor decision on your part. Pull over, deal with it, then move on.
How do I get my vehicle out of impound?
In most cases, impounded vehicles are handled by the local towing company. To retrieve an impounded vehicle, contact the towing company directly. On occasion, Atchison Police does impound cars involved in significant drug seizures to hold as evidence and/or when they have been ordered forfeited by the court. Your attorney will advise you on your property rights and due process.
How do I contact someone in jail?
There is only one jail in Atchison County; it's run by the Atchison County Sheriff's Office. The Law Enforcement Center is totally separate from the Atchison Police Department and is located adjacent to the County Courthouse at 518 Parallel Avenue in Atchison. Contact the Sheriff's Office at (913) 367-0216.
What are the hours when I can receive a noise violation ticket?
You can receive a noise ordinance violation ticket within the city limits of Atchison any time of day, such as: Any noise of continuous or intermittent nature which persists for a period of fifteen minutes and can be heard by any person outside the immediate premises from the location of the emitter may result in a noise ordinance violation. Night time limits for non-stationary noise (a machine or devise capable of being moved from place to place for occasional or temporary use at a given location. This includes all types of motorized vehicles) are from 11:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. Night time limits for fixed source noise (a machine or device capable of creating a noise level at the property upon which it is regularly located, or upon which it is regularly used, which projects onto another property; this includes, but is not limited to, air-conditioning apparatus, powered lawn mowers and chain saws) are from 9:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Is there a curfew for juveniles in Atchison?
Yes, it is unlawful for persons under the age of 15 to loiter on streets after 11 pm unless accompanied by their guardian.
I drive a pickup truck. Do I have to wear a seatbelt? If I am an adult and riding in the back seat of a car, do I have to wear my seatbelt?
Yes to both. Kansas State law requires all occupants in a vehicle to wear a seatbelt while driving or riding.
Does Atchison offer a Citizens Police Academy?
We do not currently have a Citizens Police Academy, but hope to one day. We encourage any interested in taking on a bigger leadership in their community to contact the Chamber of Commerce for more information about their Community Leadership Academy at 913/367-2427.
Can I make an incident report or complaint with Atchison Police Department online?
No, contact the police department directly at 913-367-4323 or Emergency 9-1-1 for more information on how to make a report or complaint. We're here to help.
Can I get copies of a police incident report online?
No, contact the police administrative office directly at 913-367-5525. We'll help you get the information you're looking for.
Is court really at 7:30 a.m.?
Yes, court really is at 7:30 a.m. ... In the morning. Make whatever arrangements or plans you need to make to get yourself to court by 7:30 a.m. when roll is called.
Is there a dress code for Municipal Court?
Yes -- no pajamas!
What should I do if I missed my court appearance?
Immediately call the Municipal Court Clerk at 913-367-5515 to discuss it. A warrant has probably been issued for your arrest. The Court Clerk will not waive your warrant, but it is far more favorable for you to make contact and acknowledge that you missed court than for you to ignore it. Then come to court the following Wednesday and be prepared to explain yourself to the judge. Just come, handle your business, and move forward.
Results 1-14 of 14